Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Checking In

First of all, I have to admit that I did NOT do well on New Year's Eve. I ate anything and everything that was put in front of me. And, y'all, I sat at the stinkin table with all that food lined up in front of me. Chips, dips, quesos, cookies, cakes, pizza, lobster & sauce ... oh my word.

What was I thinkin?

Well, I wasn't ... that is the problem.

So, when I weighed myself on Monday (yeah, I broke that rule too...), I was not surprised to find that I was up nearly a pound. OK, I actually WAS surprised ... surprised that it wasn't worse. But, I pulled up my big girl panties and set a course for change. I loaded up my favorite tunes on the faux-pod (that would be a fake iPod) and laced up my running shoes, determined to turn it all around.

Now, here is where I will make a confession. The last time I had run was December 5th. Yeah, nearly an entire month. I am ashamed. So, trust me when I say that it was the hardest run ever. I was appaled at myself for going backward, tired from lack of proper nutrition and just plain NOT in the mood to do it. I struggled through a mile. Walking nearly half of it, but I did it.

Then on Tuesday I did it again. This time running about .7 of the mile.

And this morning, I ran the entire mile.

I'm on my way back and I can feel it.

And, as of this morning, I am down 1.3 pounds from where I was last week.

This morning, as I was running, a song came on that summed it all up for me and my journey:


"good-bye to my old life,
I won't listen to those lies anymore.
You've given me New Life,
lovin You is what I was made for."
"What I was Made For" by Big Daddy Weave

When I was at the end and not sure I could go on, this song took my mind off of me and put it back where it belongs, on HIM. And, when my focus was where it belonged, I found the strength to keep going and finish what I had started.

And that, my friends, is the goal.

2 comments: